2018 Audition Dates
- October 18 – Albuquerque
- October 19 – Albuquerque
2018-2019 Audition Material
- Scales: C Major and c melodic minor, range is 2 octaves for each, played in 8th note with the quarter note =72. All scales must be memorized. Segovia edition, Columbia edition – fingerings by Segovia.
- Prepared Piece: Lagrima by Francisco Tarrega (Performed A-B-A)
- Guitar Excerpt – El Torreon (3/4)
- Note: Mr. Truitt wrote a version in 3/4 and one in 4/4. Please make sure that you are learning the one in 3/4.
- Sight Reading
Guitar All State Audition Registration (Audition Registration is now closed)
- Please do not leave any drop field down blank when entering students individually. For example, you must select “not auditioning for another ensemble” rather than leave it blank
- Guitar Excerpt – El Torreon (3-4) PDF – 36 KB